Over the years, the art of writing has been revolutionized from just being a communication tool. This radical change in writing is more conspicuous when a number of ancient literatures are sampled alongside literatures of recent times. The depiction of a certain level of skills in writing has made writers to consider it at a professional level. Professionals in writing exhibit unique writing pattern, styles which are best appreciated by readers. Therefore, writing styles and techniques are distinct as it entirely depends on the writer and this is reflective on existing literatures.
Generally, writing as an art involves the stylish and creative combination of words to communicate a definite idea to an intended reader. Considering that creativity means different things to different individuals, it would be delusional to stipulate a definite writing technique for writes to abide by when writing. With varying level of intelligence, qualities such as passion, dedication, discipline, diligence are encapsulated in the core values of one who wishes to master the art of creative writing.
For any piece of writing to be deemed successful, it should be able to captivate the interest and desire of the reader. The dire need of any reader is the ability of a writer to put forward compelling literature. Creative and efficient writing is no easy task to accomplish as it has to undergo series of review and editing stages prior its publication. Nevertheless, scrupulously abiding by certain writing routines would undoubtedly enhance the creation of more creative and efficient writing. The following routines may be key towards improving proficiency in creative and efficient writing.
1. Audience recognition: this is a key aspect of any creative writing process as all good creative writing pieces are intended for a particular audience. The writer needs to have a knowledge of the kind of audience to be addressed through the write-up. This challenge can be addressed by the writer as questions like the following creep into the writer’s mind; what is the age bracket of the intended reader? Is the creative writing piece to take persuasive or dissuasive tone?, What would be the possible thoughts going through the reader’s head when the book is read?, would it be beneficial to the reader? etc. Questions like those mentioned would help the writer to think like an actual reader of the supposed write-up.
2. Choosing title: the title of any piece of writing is basically the first thing considered by any reader in their choice of books. Compelling and appealing short titles should be picked as it compels a reader to look into the write-up. It is noteworthy that a title only spur the reader to read the book. Nevertheless, the book ideas should be such that they can be easily comprehended by the reader and brief to read.
3. Developing of an outline: with the mindset of readers envisaged, a choice title is developed for the writing piece by the writer or author as the case may be. In bid to maintain organization, it is relevant to create outlines to be used. By strategically planning the entire creative writing process, the writing pace is improved while needless repetitions are eliminated.
4. Seek motivation: often times, a lot of motivation is required for the successful completion of any creative writing process. Writers like any other human go through stress, fatigue and even lose their drive. Hence, a creative writer also need to be an active reader of published literatures to truly understand the literature. This is in bid to search for new ideas from books read. Thrilling and captivating ideas are often taken note of during this phase as it help spur the creativity in thinking.
5. Maintain a writing technique: generally, it is easier for an individuals to portray and stick to their ideas, methods other than some else’s. Same applies to creative writing, mimicking the style of another writer inhibits the development of creative ideas as the piece would be geared towards meeting the standards of another. Hence, expression of inner being, feeling, emotions is important towards achieving a good writing. This is because being real and true is the only way a writer can truly be able to assume the readers’ position and know their thoughts.
6. Periodic break: this involves taking mind off the writing process at intervals for leisure. This might involve seeing a movie, hanging out with friends, taking a walk to get fresh air etc. These breaks help to keep the mind in tuned towards achieving the set goal. That is, being able to win over the reader through creativity.
7. Draft making: before any creative writing piece is made, a draft of the write-up is developed. It consists of both useful and irrelevant ideas required for the writing of good literatures. Regardless of the irrelevant ideas, interruptions should not be encouraged when writing as it may lead to a loss of key ideas which would ensure the writing piece becomes a success.
8. Editing and review: at this stage, the piece is a bit scrappy and requires thorough scrutiny to take out all irrelevant ideas. This can be done by the writer or some other individual good at editing writing work.
Based on the above stated points, it can be said that any writer who wishes to be more proficient in writing should imbibe some listed points if not all depending on the writer’s approach towards achieving a creative and efficient writing.Tags: How to reviews a good writer, How writer works, Type of writers